Ahhhh the last few days have arrived. I am so ready for it but not at the same time.
Home holds my comfort family friends and food, but the life out here... it is so easy to ease into.
The focus is on quality, always. Quality of life. And with the beautiful beaches and wildlife and smiling locals.. it is impossible to get down about anything for too long.
The last few days have been spent on my own... for the first time in 5 weeks.
Lots of meditating and reflecting on my vision quest. And with only me around I have thrown myself to the community and spoken with so many amazing souls.
My first night alone in Montezuma was incredibly intimidating. This tiny town of two blocks is a creative festation of dancers and jewelry-makers and poi spinners and drummers and, of course... hoopers. At night it comes alive.
The night before Mandi, Dan, and I dropped in for Reggae night there... and I was blessed with the presence of someone with a blazing fire in his belly. So many meeting of the minds taking place, but this one in particular made me fall in love with life all over again.
The next night I watched in awe as he and some others did poi in the street. Completely mesmerizing the whole town in a trance. The drum beats continued. Guitar and blues on one corner. I could only walk two steps with my hoop on my shoulder before being stopped by someone wanting to try. And dancing all around. Incredibly beautiful night under the moon. I am leaving a part of my heart there and will be back someday to pick it up.
Now I am in Santa Teresa, just over the Nicoya Peninsula. Staying in a hostal run by the most welcoming couple of italian guys. Though the dust from the (only) road is heavy on my lungs, the ocean is just past it a short path. And it is so vast here. I walk for so long with only the company of the crabs ducking in the sand.
I just decided this morning to stay this night as well. Bypassing plans to visit a volcano inland because my money is pretty low. And the idea of eating melon and swinging on hammocks all day sounds so good in this heat. Intermittent swimming with the waves of course.
I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for these experiences. It would take a long time to try and the internet is not cheap around these parts. And the waves are calling..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Friend, this gave me chills! You're writing is soooo beautiful. When I read it I feel your beauty...
ReplyDeleteYou are so blessed!! See you real soon.
holy moly. life is amazing. i am muy excited for you and can't wait to see the more worlded natalie :)
ReplyDelete...and play in the waves with her...
travel on sister