Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today I was moved to tears.

When it comes to our own evolution and development, tragedy is an unnecessary variable.
(Whatever you choose to call it...........)
Main Entry: tragedy
Part of Speech: noun
Definition:

disaster;
suffering
Synonyms: adversity, affliction, agony, anguish, bemoaning, blues, burden, calamity, care, cataclysm, catastrophe, curse, dejection, deploring, depression, disaster, distress, dole, drag, gloom, grief, grieving, hardship, headache, heartache*, heartbreak, lamentation, melancholy, misadventure, misery, misfortune, pain, rain*, regret, rue, sadness, sorrow, tragedy, trial, tribulation, trouble, unhappiness, wretchedness
Antonyms: happiness, joy

Though I see the easier road of self-pity, I've traveled it and am familiar with its draining journey. I choose the high road. The one that reminds me that everything is as it is meant to be. The one that gives me the comfort of knowing that all we have is time. And that all we are doing here is figuring things out. And that NOBODY has it completely figured out.
I meet so many amazing souls that literally draw me towards them through their light and positivity. And I reflect on them for inspiration, and sometimes to draw me out of my own funk. It works like western medicine - quickly... only without the endless side effects. But as I get to know these people I get to know their struggles, and their own focus of practice.
I am still inspired. Because it's further proof that we are all works in progress, even the inspiring. And a momentary stumble or dark day is natural, and does not have to lead to discouragement from my own personal practice.

This is all part of the journey.
Once I fully believe in this, the light will come without delay.


Is there any reason to delay it?

No comments:

Post a Comment