Love is showing up to my life party in a veritably shocking ensemble. Shoot. Did I forget to mention in the invitation..??:
Appropriate love story attire only please - Head-Over-Heels Magic, Fairy Tale Romance, & Happily Ever Afters,
Thank you kindly.
Now I lay in my heavenly white down comforter as the perplexed wrinkle above my nose questions how I got here, fresh off a phone call with my ‘good buddy’, brainstorming cleverly airy ways of encouraging him to date and be loved. The tumultuous gusts harassing the wind chimes outside my window sound tame in comparison to the cataclysm in my head. Brainstorm turned braintempest. Head vs. Heart. Heavyweight Love opposing the more agile featherweight Sanity.
I submit deeper into the cloud of my bedding and allow the internal debate to ensue - surrendering and unearthing the ability to laugh at myself in the absurdity of it all.
I love this man, unconditionally, irrevocably.
ir·rev·o·ca·ble [ih-rev-uh-kuh-buhl]
1. not to be revoked or recalled; unable to be repealed or annulled; unalterable: an irrevocable decree.
Unalterable.
Without conditions.
However that shows up.
What an absurd contradiction in my emotional wiring.
Ask me of my love and it will be him I speak of, even now.
Ask me if I regret our disenchantment from the relationship, and I will say by no means.
We have much to learn.
Worthiness. Independence. Responsibility. Empowerment. Inspiration.
Spontaneous bursting into everlasting happiness. And the consistent generation of all that is so.
So why do I feel so fulfilled?
..elevated?
..blissfully in love?
This must be the place.
The fork in the path of emotional attachment and malleable expressions of love.
I know that I could be with this man forever.
I know in this now moment we cannot be.
I know all things are transient, and any day my affections for him can exit just as quickly as they bustled into my world years ago.
All things considered, this air of heightened happiness emanates from both the certainty in the way I feel for him (in friendship still) and the acceptance of the ephemeral dance of all things.
This too shall pass.
Even the budding glow I feel in my now moment of lucidity.
Even the healing of my severed attachment to him.
Progressive thoughts in action allow for the generating of brilliance - whatever that may be.
Begin anew.
I hang up the phone with him in submerged friendly love - blissfully smiling though things don’t look anything as I anticipated.
This man is family. We love unfathomably deeper than any love story I have ever heard, witnessed, or enveloped my romantic curiosity in. So deep we can swim, safely anchored, into the discomfort of independent growth.
Perhaps being in the epicenter is pure bias. Consequently, being in the epicenter leaves no better judge.
I rule in favor of love, always.
Even in the most uncomfortable of situations.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


f*c%ing soldier of love
ReplyDelete:)
this is probably the best thing i could have read this morning. you are a soldier of love, most definitely. <3 tchau
ReplyDeletewow!
ReplyDeletelove this
"Heavyweight Love opposing the more agile featherweight Sanity" <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeletemy heart screams and giggles and sinks and soars for you (both)
I too BELIEVE in LOVE. All kinds. For everyone!
you are something more than amazing Natalie!
ReplyDeleteyour writing is so inspiring and it always lightens me up. why did u stop :(
ReplyDelete