Saturday, November 14, 2009

If you really knew me.

..you'd know I keep folders of treasured correspondence. There's likely something in there from you. In fact, if we're regular pen-pals, you probably have your very own dedicated folder nesting all of your colorful, storytelling words. They are my little gems. One day I would love to bound them in a book and share the beauty of sharing through letters. What is it about them that is so romantic? Even if between two friends or mere acquaintances, the power and vividness of painting by words is an art in itself. There, anything is possible. Evoke what you will with each handpicked word.

I wonder sometimes who will be at the other end of my words. Where are you in the world? What are you doing to be a part of it? How far in the future is it and am I still a part of it?

If there is one thing I will ever do in my life, it is write. Write of my love and my loss. Whatever the experience, I will record it someplace, on some scrap of paper for you to stumble upon years later. Maybe I will have already gone by then. But the words I leave behind are yours. May they bring you peace, love, laughter, insights, or inquiries. And may they inspire you to leave your own behind.

With every letter is an epic story..


If you fancy fascinating letters as much as I do: Letter of Note / Correspondence deserving of a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment