Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh, that Adrian.

Today is cause for celebration! Everyday is, this is true - though let me give you another cork-popping reason. It was 26 years ago today that a little boy blessing joined the world to begin changing it with his mighty heart and high spirits. May I introduce... sir Adrian Diaz.


Short and sweet, though I did always question my folks for not giving him a middle name. Whadya, forget? I get it now. The name stands like his presence. Bold. Striking. Simple and poised. Also, precise and fashionable if we get right to it. If there is one thing I would have never guessed my brother to become, it is a well-dressed man. In all fairness, the most telling evidence was his collections of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hats (the complete set) and pants so baggy they were beyond the realm of bags. (Oh boy, am I gonna get it.)

Today, he is the epitome of dapper. For snazzier events, he'll toss out matching accessories - my favorite was the white belt/white dress-shoes combo. Very aesthetically shocking and sharp. On everyday visits, he'll look like he just walked out of a casual yet sleek Ralph Lauren/Ipod photo shoot. One of my favorite things at family gatherings is hearing my mom adorably harp on how handsome her boy is. It's true. He wins best-dressed over his 2 sisters.


Beyond his polish is his brilliance for life. Adrian is the guy you love to be around. He lives with righteous principles of goodness and grace. His heart inadvertently seeps into everything he touches. And his shenanigans are blessings to invite - to be a part of the same laughter storm with him is one of the funnest things in the world.

The world is changed by him. He was given to my mom to give to us to blast his existence through the days so that we can be better in all our crazy ways. I know our family is better off because of him. I know I am.

He's already traveled the world. Fallen in love. Fallen from the sky. What's he got up his sleeve next?

Make way for this extraordinary man, world. He's up to great things.
Happiest of Birthdays, Adrian. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Haha... That was great Nat.... Happy bday A to da Yo.... Your cousin

    Jon

    ReplyDelete