Monday, November 9, 2009

The road to peace.

I took a walk through my high school hallways today. Reflection on my path to transformation led me to those 4 years so vital in forming the mold to be me. Every day was huge then - each class period a segment of opportunity for Fear & Doubt to drive the vehicle that was my teenage years towards popularity, success, being liked and being loved, all the while holding up the cast of a beautiful shell to turn boys' heads.

Evenings were set aside to create difficulty for the woman, my dear Mother, who in my then-eyes didn't "get" me, when really, I didn't get me, and wouldn't even begin to until half a decade later. What an exhausting time. What an amazing time! I hated every minute of wanting top-notch grade acknowledgement or getting zero boy attention then, and I love, adore, and appreciate every awkward, heart-wrenching, world's-going-to-end moment now. I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

High school is such an unnatural, insecurity intensified aquarium for developing teenage bodies. Scheduled pools of water where our goals, worries, dreams, and devastations can all swim together, as parents and other high school alumni watch, grade, and direct from the other side of the glass - after 4 years graduating and setting us free with Cliff Notes on Becoming A _(Fill in the blank.)__. Step 1: Go to the "best" university* that will accept you. (*For list of best universities, please refer to society's opinion.)

Here I am, half-way to my first high school reunion, and I seem to have misplaced my Cliff Notes. Instead, I have a handful of directionless college credits, a career in part-time jobs, and 56 cents in my bank account. (Note to mom: I have cash on me! I know your sneaky deposit tactics!) I am also the most self-expressed and happiest I have ever been.

Consciousness is on full-volume and I find myself so present to you, myself, the world, all of our emotions and 'reasoning' to our actions. And I am so present to the perfection in the mayhem we create and live in.

A man initiates war in another country because he sees peace for all through the destruction. A young girl submits her unborn baby to abortion because she doubts her ability to provide for it. Through the rubble of each action is love. Would you consider that the man who walks into a building with a bomb strapped to his body is a walking request for love? Can you see it?

I stand in the circle God drew for me at creation. I was never not going to be here. And as I stand with this breathtaking view of awakening, I resonate with, "This is perfect." Mmm. And everyone/thing that got me here is perfect. I CHOSE you in my life to get me here, and I am ever so grateful.

Acknowledgments that often get brushed off as trivial are magic spells of love presenced. I get this now. So thank you to you, beautiful soul - whether my mother, father, teacher, friend, or stranger - for everything that you are and everything you contribute to this world we inhabit. What you do there, resonates here. I love every moment of goodness, and I forgive all - including myself - for ever presencing anything other than love. We are eachother's zen masters, chosen so specifically to teach perfect lessons and cultivate ties of humanity.

If by chance I don't cross your path in the physical world to tell you, take this to heart: I love you and hold space for all that you are. You are perfect. You are complete now, and you have the blessing of this day to do and be whatever it is you choose.

You are the world to me.
Thank you.

In love and light and GLEE.
Natalieeee

12 comments:

  1. 8o)

    I'm giggling because I've been taking Tai Chi at my high school every Monday, and have those years thrown in my face. I will be coming up on my 30th reunion in 2011--yet it feels as if Mr. Karisak is handing me the baton to direct the orchestra in West Side Story, just this past Friday.

    I wish I could look back on those years as something wonderous, but school in general was hell. I was "The Fat Girl" and reminded of it every single day. Although I didn't have the strength to appreciate those who were my friends, specifically Lisa D'Orsogna, Michael Bloomberg (nooo, not the mayor of New York City), and Larry Junda. These were people who tried to show that they were my friends, but because of my upbringing I didn't believe them. Stupid attitude still carries over today. I'm trying my best to stop it.

    Thank you so much for your love. In that round about way, you were supposed to be in my life, even if it through the computer. I am not one of those older people who feels they have nothing to learn from the young.

    We all have a lot to learn from the world!

    Blessings to you!

    ~~Elaine (Bea Zee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Natalie, for your sweet spirit. As I get to know each soul in my new community, I want them all to be a part of my extraordinary family. Thank you for contributing so much to all of us.
    I am grateful for the love I'm living, the love I am receiving, and the love I am giving...
    -nancy natter

    ReplyDelete
  3. high school was weird for me, never really fit in. while everyone was hanging out with their friends I was hanging out with my family, which I didn't mind at all. I adore them more then anything in the world, they are my heart. my 10 year reunion has come and gone. part of me wanted to go for mere curiosity but in the end I chose not to. college was another story for me, got to take the courses I wanted, made friends with people with the same interests. had the time of my life. took as many courses as I could. anything that interested me... any course that caught my eye. today I have over 80 college credits with no degree. ha! still learning though. every couple of years I'll enroll for courses. everytime I would tell myself this is it, I'm going to do it this time. I don't even think I knew what that "it" was until now. it's kind of sad that it took me so long to figure "it" out but I've always believed that everything happens for a reason. that it comes to you when it needs to. the same thing with people, I believe you meet everyone for a reason. friends come into your life for a reason, like that quote by Anais Nin says "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

    I have made some of the most amazing friends over the years whom have taught me to live... love.. be.. I love every single one of them with all my heart and I love those whom have yet to come. I'm looking forward to learning from them as well.

    I'm glad I ran into your blog Miss Natalie.
    much luv to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. incredible! beautiful! inspiring!!! this gave me chills: "A man initiates war in another country because he sees peace for all through the destruction. A young girl submits her unborn baby to abortion because she doubts her ability to provide for it. Through the rubble of each action is love. Would you consider that the man who walks into a building with a bomb strapped to his body is a walking request for love? Can you see it?" you are powerful! i'm in awe!!!! you are taking off supernova style to places found in dreams! love u goddess of love! ps- i don't believe that u didn't get every single guy (and girl) sweating your intense fineness!!!! besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the way love expresses itself through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well put, pretty succinct depiction of all of our lives. It is fascinating how convergent all of our lives become in those teen years through high school, and to a degree even in college..and then how much our paths diverge afterwards, on into adulthood. You are still a youngster so best of luck to you, and to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "What you do there, resonates here. I love every moment of goodness, and I forgive all - including myself - for ever presencing anything other than love. We are eachother's zen masters, chosen so specifically to teach perfect lessons and cultivate ties of humanity.

    If by chance I don't cross your path in the physical world to tell you, take this to heart: I love you and hold space for all that you are. You are perfect. You are complete now, and you have the blessing of this day to do and be whatever it is you choose.

    You are the world to me.
    Thank you.

    In love and light and GLEE.
    Natalieeee"

    Likewise Sister Light.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really beautiful and poetic. I really enjoyed it. You have set the tone for my day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow. thank you so much for delivering the perfect messages to me exactly when I need to receive them... you are appreciated, oh yes you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second Billy's comment...

    thank you for sharing your boundless, beautiful love, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete